Thierry,

Okay ... it is "working" now ... I was also misled by the fact that you are continuing to fabricate Monticello version numbers which presumably cannot be relied upon in any way.

Tugrik-Help-DaleHenrichs.11 will show up in each branch that includes the commit for "Tugrik-Help-DaleHenrichs.10", but the SHA and contents would be different for each one of the "Tugrik-Help-DaleHenrichs.11" , is that right?

Perhaps using the short SHA in place of the "version number" would be safer and provide useful information in the version number slot?

If I support "Metadata" : "false" in GemStone, I do not intend to fabricate a "realistic looking Monticello version number" ... but I will look into using the short SHA (when in a git repo) and perhaps fall back to cypress.1 for non-git repos...

Anyway, I will now be able to move forward with my Metacello Cypress experiments and also try to understand how Metacello loads are affected by metadtaless, since you _are_ fabricating Monticello version numbers, my previous assumptions are not correct ...

Thanks again!

Dale