On Thu, Aug 18, 2016 at 10:36:50AM +0200, Gour wrote:
> Hello,
>
> there are some Smalltalks like Dolphin, VisualWorks..which can, afaict,
> create stand-alone executable for easier deployment to end users.
>
> I'm aware that Pharo probably has more important tasks to tackle first,
> but just curious if creating stand-alone/runtime exectuables is
> somewhere on its radar?

This essentially means bundling-in the VMs. If you only target Mac and/or Win,
it should be easy.
If you aim for linux, then good luck… I have a sometimes working setup that
creates a build with the VMs and platform-specific launchers, but I don't
really have time right now to clean it up and share it… but if you can wait a
couple of weeks...

There was also effort to push for NixOS iirc, but I don't know how that works.

Peter