well he did apologize

And these things do happen in all communities, I cannot begin to describe
the poison I have received in the #common-lisp irc channel. One time also
in their mailing list , some old member got annoyed for small reason with a
begineer and he gave him code to delete his hard drive, fortunately other
members replied immediately after warning the beginner not to execute the
code.

License wise MIT/BSD are by far the top most popular license , they got so
popular that FSF was forced to release LGPL to compete with them but at the
same time not upsetting too much their GPL supporters.

So as you can see Pharo is no exception, its actually the rule. Also other
licenses are very close to MIT/BSD making MIT almost a monopoly on open
source software.

Don't believe me ? Here are the top trending github repos that contain a
code license ( creative commons applies not to code but mainly to assets,
music, sound, text, graphics, fonts, etc)

https://github.com/facebook/zstd
https://github.com/tensorflow/tensorflow
https://github.com/vuejs/vue
https://github.com/camwiegert/in-view
https://github.com/nasa/openmct
https://github.com/baidu/Paddle
https://github.com/facebookresearch/fastText
https://github.com/david-gpu/srez
https://github.com/quilljs/quill
https://github.com/shekhargulati/52-technologies-in-2016

Mostly they are MIT , others are MIT like licenses like Apache and BSD,
only one is a custom made one still similar to MIT. None GPL not even LGPL.

https://github.com/trending?since=monthly

Actually you can continued down the list and I am sure will take you even
more time to find a GPL or even LGPL licensed open source project.