> On 15. Apr 2017, at 00:23, Juraj Kubelka <juraj.kube...@icloud.com> wrote:
>
> Hi,

Hey!

>> As this is a server application and I run multiple VMs with the same image
>> and there is no home directory I would prefer that no information is
>> persisted at all. Can this be done? Have there been any changes in Pharo6 in
>> regard to this?
>
> Do you think that checking if `FileIdentifier home` exist solves the issue?
>
> Can we detect headless state?
>

>> It also seems to change from Fuel->Ston for the identifier? Is this intended?
>
> Yes, this is intended and should not produce problems.

Thank you for your quick reply. What I find odd is that this error seems to be
coming from within:

GlobalIdentifierStonPersistence(GlobalIdentifierPersistence)>>ensure:
        self shouldCallPreviousPersistence ifTrue: [
                previousPersistence ensure: existingDictionary ].

So there is the "Fuel" Persistence and we want to migrate things. Fair enough
but in the migration we do have:

>>load: existingDictionary
        "It loads stored information into existingDictionary."
        self preferences exists ifFalse: [
                "This is a new computer, so we define new computer UUID.
                User still has to agree about sending data if it is not has
been done yet."
                ^ self save: existingDictionary ].

So self preferences exists is true and now the old (non-existent data?) is
being saved and we crash and exit on save.

* Why isn't the migration from Ston to Fuel more explicit?
* Why is "load" trying to save?
* Why is "ensure:" used instead of load?
* Not sure why "self preferences exists" seems to end in true?

have a nice weekend

        holger