Wise not to mention Ruby and Python and Pick the worst of the worst in OOP.
Because frankly the competition for Pharo against those two behemoths can
be quite brutal in the flexibility and power of OOP.

And no , these language can do live coding with ease. I know because I
currently code live coding style with Python for an app I am making. Sure
it wont provide you with a live system out of the box, but put in 10 lines
of code and you already ready to go with hardcore live coding. At least
Python , Ruby being practically a rip off of Smalltalk language may need
even less.

iPython which by the way is by far the most popular Python tool is the real
deal, a full blow live coding enviroment.

To my suprise its not even hard to do live coding with C/C++ including
using image format. To my shock live coding is actually supported by both
the OS and the hardware. Hardware has its own exception system , OS has an
image flie format called "memory mapped files" used for DLLs and a lot of
essential functionality.

For some weird reason however its well hidden and not that much utilised by
coders. They really love long compile times, dont ask me why.

But yeah C++ even though it has come a long way with its template system,
its still the king of ugly. That sytax, oh the horrors of that syntax.....
yiaks !!!

I am so enternal greatful that Pharo introduced me to live coding and
opened my eyes to universe of fun and productivity. I cannot imagine coding
an other way ever again.

I really hope that we take this further though.