I'm sure this comes up with many less main stream languages - I think there is
a strong argument (particularly if we get the GitHub piece operating smoothly)
that the language is so simple that what you creating is domain understanding
(not language/tools prowess).

Any good developer (particularly a Ruby, Groovy, JS, Objective C or even
Python) dev will find Smalltalk a doddle. The complexity is actually in the
domain.

We also have a vibrant and active community that has been around a long time
and is willing to help as well as lots of free online training materials.

Put another way - you can use a language like Java but if you left, the
complexity of build and deployment and understanding the domain is a huge
hurdle even though it's s popular language.

I've dipped in and out of Smalltalk throughout my career and a few years ago
came back after 10+ years (so had basically forgotten most of it) and was
stunned that I was productive in that team after 1 day once they showed me how
to inspect items in the UI and navigate to tests.

I've never encountered that on a project before.

Tim

Sent from my iPhone