A tiny example why OS/2 was great:

You could have two printer instances on your desktop for colour printers: one for a b/w printing and one for Colour printing. You could even have another one for printing from tray 1,2, or duplex. You still can't do that in Windows these days (about 20 years later) and even on a Mac it is complicated and hard to handle.

Great does not necessarily mean great money. So things get abandoned no matter how great they are ;-)

Joachim