Hi,

Are transducers the subject of your thesis ?

No. Transducers is my side project. I've implemented a package for VisualWorks. Unfortunately, I did not finish the port to Pharo yet, simply due to a lack of time. Originally, transducers evolved in the clojure community. I figured, the concept a good fit for Smalltalk and adapted it accordingly. (My thesis is on conditional probabilities in model-checking of probabilistic systems.)

Any pointers to more information ?

http://www.cincomsmalltalk.com/publicRepository/Transducers.html
https://clojure.org/reference/transducers
Plus some mails on this list and more on the vwnc list. Feel free to ask; I understand, that the package comment has lots of potential for improvement to help understanding.

Best, Steffen