Yes, people are emotional entities and good marketing should work with
that, but it needs to be done carefully. I'll give you three examples:

1) Imagine you are an Apple user who bought a very expensive iPhone X one
week ago, you spent next hundreds of dollars on applications you bought
over last decade and someone will want to try to tell you that you should
switch to a new different super-cool mobile platform. He will start with
assertions that Apple users are sheeps that use overpriced crap, then he
will argue that his mobile platform is great because it is actually very
old (maybe older than you), it was used a lot in times when this industry
was in nappies and big companies of that time that you always considered to
be dinosaurs used them. Then he will provide some vague numbers that should
prove that users of his platform are more productive (without any real
example of why it is like that), that the users of this platform like it
and in the end he will tell you that someone used that phones to call
ambulance and saved some lives.

People are emotional and they like to feel smart. Would you have positive
feeling about this new platform?

Ask yourself what would convince you in shoes of such Apple user. Probably
the first think you want to hear is that your current applications will
work on the new platform. That you will not need to learn much, that it has
all the features of the Apple software and that it solves this and this
particular issue you have. And that you will save money. If you are the
person who wants to sell the new phone and you know that you cannot tell
that because it is not truth, than you need to be really nice and positive
to make the people at least consider trying your phone when they will
change it.

2) Imagine that you are a car driver that uses it for daily commuting and
some will come and tell you that you should use a bicycle instead of it.
That bicycles that people stopped to use in half of the last century and
switched to cars. You think about them that they are obsolete, something
that only children and poor or strange people use, it is dangerous to drive
them in the traffic, you need to breath the polluted air, hear all the
traffic noise, you are sweating and you are not covered from the rain, cold
or hot sun.

Then you probably do now want to hear that all the dangers, polluted air,
noise and so on are not in fact disadvantages of bicycles but disadvantages
of cars. You need to listen possitive arguments
.
3) Imagine you are a Pharo user and some wants you to switch to Self that
is superior to Smalltalk in many areas you mention in your articles. What
he would need to do to convince you?

People in IT have in general very negativistic approach. When they see a
new technology they are trying to find reasons why to do not invest into
learning of it. So rather than looking at advantages they will check all
disadvantages twice. Some of them feel good and smart if they find some
mistake in the articles so totry to lie to them can be very
counterproductive.

The interview with Stef was a great way how to promote Pharo. Look at the
rating and comments to your last article: https://www.reddit
.com/r/programming/comments/7d9uz2/why_pharo
_might_be_the_future_of_software/

If it is not the prove for you that you are doing something wrong then
continue. But then be not surprised that even the Smalltalkers will
downvolt your
writings.

Cheers,
-- Pavel