I'm obviously missing a lot of the context here, but in  my
country (New Zealand) there is something called the
Fair Trading Act.

My understanding from reading the Commerce Commission web
site is that
 - false or misleading representations about goods or
   services or the availability of goods are against the
   law
 - "The penalties for breaching the Act can be severe"
   (Grant Harris).
 - obviously wild exaggerations made to be funny are sort
   of OK, but if anyone falls for them you could find this
   tested in court
 - "Any claims made to bolster the image of a business or
   its products or services must be accurate."
 - "The Act applies even when there was no intention to
   breach the Act".  (Grant Harris again.)

http://www.comcom.govt.nz/fair-trading/fair-trading-act-fact-sheets/claiming-you-re-something-you-re-not/

The Fair Trading Act was passed as part of a program of market
liberalisation and in order to foster competition and market
efficiency, and the majority of the cases have been trader-to-
trader.  Why mention this?  Because it's not just places where
consumer protection is high-ranked that have such laws; it's
also places that are gung-ho about free markets and competition
and want to protect businesses.

Law in the USA varies from state to state.  For California, see
https://www.truthinadvertising.org/california/
(which has a navbar on the right for other states).

Me, I think Pharo is good enough to "sell" on its merits
without any exaggerations.  (If you could combine the great
looks of Dolphin Smalltalk with the great features of Pharo,
drool...)