I would agree that grey is better than red - but I personally think we’re being
too pedantic on this - particularly when doing TDD and coding in the debugger.
If I’m writing straight forward tests and like to see a red failure (either by
deliberately returning false, or a subclass responsibility, or -1) and then
correct that failure in the debugger to return the correct result - then its
tedious to have to run the test again (in fact it feels odd). For the rare time
that I got it wrong - it will show up when I run all tests on the next phase.

I accept that others may see this the other way around - but I’m a more
optimistic guy. This said - maybe we make it an option (or an easy code switch)
- I’d default it to the optimistic TDD mode personally. My CI server will give
me the full lowdown.

Tim