Hi Sven,

On Tue, 4 Dec 2018 at 11:04, Sven Van Caekenberghe <s...@stfx.eu> wrote:

> Hi Alistair,
>
> > On 4 Dec 2018, at 10:21, Alistair Grant <akgrant0...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > Does anyone know of a library for processing GPS coordinates?
> >
> > What I'm looking for are things like:
> >
> > - Parsing from and printing to various string formats (HMS, NESW, decimal)
> > - Distance between two points
> > - etc.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Alistair
>
> We've got some elementary stuff based on WGS84 coordinates as points. For
> example,
>
> T3GeoTools distanceBetween: 5.33732@50.926 and: 5.49705@50.82733.
> T3GeoTools bearingFrom: 5.33732@50.926 to: 5.49705@50.82733.
> T3GeoTools destinationFrom: 5.33732@50.926 bearing: 45 distance: 2500.
> T3GeoTools centroidOf: { 5.48230@50.82249. 5.49523@50.81288.
> 5.50138@50.82008. 5.50228@50.82595. 5.49265@50.82560. 5.48230@50.82249 }.
> T3GeoTools is: 5.33732@50.92601 inside: { 5.48230@50.82249. 5.49523@50.81288.
> 5.50138@50.82008. 5.50228@50.82595. 5.49265@50.82560. 5.48230@50.82249 }.
>
> This is not open source, but it is not rocket science either (just
> implementations of public algorithms).

Right, I'll probably have a go at this a put it up on github.

It looks like you've chosen to model the coordinates using the Point
class rather than creating a Coordinate class.  Can you explain why (I
don't have a strong preference either way, so am wondering what your
thinking is).

It also looks like it is longitude @ latitude.  Is that correct?  (I
guess it lines up with the point y value being vertical, which is
latitude.  But most written forms put latitude first).

Thanks!
Alistair