On Fri, Dec 21, 2018 at 02:42:04PM -0600, horrido wrote:
> Okay, I will dispense with the self-signed certificate and purchase a
> commercial one, say, from Comodo (PositiveSSL).

Use Let's Encrypt-issued certificates, available without charge. Let's
Encrypt's CA certificate is built-in trusted by all the major web
browsers, meaning no action is required on the part of the web browser
user when visiting a site over HTTPS with certificate issued by Let's
Encrypt.

Use Caddy as reverse proxy for your webapp. Caddy has transparent
integration with Let's Encrypt: it generates/saves crypto keys, performs
the Let's Encrypt protocol dances to request for and renew Let's Encrypt
certificates, meaning no action is required on the part of the web
site/app administrator after setting it up.

Use Docker, which makes it easy to set up Caddy and your Pharo webapp.

See my recent blog post:

  https://www.samadhiweb.com/blog/2018.12.09.https.html

Pierce