I've had tons of trouble trying to get Letsencrypt working. It was so
frustrating that I decided to go with PositiveSSL from Comodo. It only cost
me US$15.76 for two years, so I don't care about price.

Letsencrypt's setup procedure is extremely arcane. For a noob like myself,
this is not good.

Moreover, it's a PITA to have to manually renew every three months.
PositiveSSL removes all obstacles in one fell swoop.

I'm using nginx as a reverse proxy. Again, as a total noob, I used the
minimum, simplest configuration.

I need help with one issue, though. Do I need to enable SSL in Pharo? After
proxy pass, I only get HTTP.

Here's my reverse-proxy.conf:

*server {
    listen 80;
    location / {
    proxy_pass http://192.99.58.29:1701;
    }
}

server {
    listen 443;

    ssl_certificate /etc/nginx/cert_chain.crt;
    ssl_certificate_key /etc/nginx/cert.key;
    ssl on;

    location / {
    proxy_pass http://192.99.58.29:1701;
    }
}*

BTW, if you're curious about how my website looks, visit
https://teams.jrmpc.ca

It's still a work in progress. Things will undoubtedly change.

Ben Coman wrote