As I see Exercism students grapple with more realistic problems which are less
algorithmic and more potentially OO (in this case -
https://github.com/exercism/pharo-smalltalk/blob/master/dev/src/Exercism/TournamentTest.class.st

<https://github.com/exercism/pharo-smalltalk/blob/master/dev/src/Exercism/TournamentTest.class.st>
 ), I am wondering what we point people towards to learn about OO, identifying
objects and more importantly responsibilities these days?

There is the early Beck CRC paper - but looking at it again, I wonder if its a
bit cursory for people who missed the whole OO discovery years ago, and are now
faced with competing advice on how to write good programs (much of which seems
to eschew OO these days - rather unfairly I think).

Any good references come to mind? As I’ll build up a list that I can point
people to, that hopefully puts them in a better place to solve these more
interesting and hopefully rewarding problems.

Tim

Sent from my iPhone