Hi,

On the issue of families of technologies (Lisp and Linux), I see that
the article's conclusion doesn't work well in the languages front, as it
does on the operative systems one. If you replace the title with Lisp's
successor or Linux's successor, the articles conclusion changes, because
of the way families of Linux distributions and Lips variants evolve. So
you can say that because the diversity of Linux distributions, we don't
need (yet) a Linux's successor, while you can say that, because of the
diversity of Lisp languages, we already have in fact several Lisp's
successors (Racket, Clojure and so on), all of them recognizing their
Lisp lineage, but trying to improve and evolve on specific fields (By
the way a worthy mention on your list would be Cuis Smalltalk).

I see that your articles tend to reiterate the same points time and
again about Smalltalk (historicity, simplicity, agility, proven record),
which can be fine for a new comer to it, but gets old for the people who
is actually engaging with reading you. Blog title changes, addressed a
particular point and comes back to the repeated arguments in favor of
Smalltalk and then it retakes the starting point with a conclusion.
Maybe you could create a single page where you can point your readers,
with companion images, videos and notes and just mention briefly the
favorable points of Smalltalk for a blog newcomer with a link to your
reiterated detailed arguments.

With reiteration covered, you may be willing to consider some blind
spots which are present (and of course are part of any writing process
as they represent a point of view). I know that popularity is the main
motive behind the Smalltalk Renaissance efforts, but addressing the
blind spots in the search for popularity, could be useful to consider:
how popular is popular enough? In a world which values popularity so
much (particularly in places of the Global North) which are the
disadvantages of popularity? Can a community have the "proper size" to
move quickly enough and have good support and funding? Which business
and needs are well served disregarding of choosing popular technologies?
Just as a thought experiment, as the ones you ask to your non Smalltalk
readers to consider options beyond the ones they persue, If popularity
is not the best place to focus effort, which could be a good place to do it?

Thanks for the conversation,

Offray