Hi Tim

Here are my notes on installing Pharo in a DigitalOcean Ubuntu droplet.
I usually go thru a Windows Command prompt box having installed xfec4 in
the ubuntu droplet, but the command line connect and graphical remote may
be easier for a Linux users. my ssh public key is also in the DO droplet
Now the first step for me is a installing Pharo launcher thru command line
and then everything is thru graphical interface

Installing and checking Pharo-Launcher, Installing Pharo 8 64 bit from
pharo.org (instructions as on Pharo.org)
1. In Windows 10 command prompt connect thru > ssh root@<Droplet-ip>
2. cd
3. curl -o pharo-launcher.zip -L
https://files.pharo.org/pharo-launcher/linux64
4. unzip pharo-launcher.zip
    or thru the GUI-> extract here
    (pharo-launcher files will be extracted in ./pharo-launcher)
Now while connected to the linux graphical interface thru windows remote
terminal and in the GUI
5. Create a icon on desktop thru right-click “Create Launcher” for
pharo-launcher
6. Create pharo images thru pharo-launcher

hope this is of use

Sanjay Minni