Art Heller wrote: "I don't know why you guys think that its a spark plug
wrench--or even a  tire iron--looks like a lug nut wrench to me with the
shallow wrench head."

I know that Edison used to sell little glass jars with his name in raised
letters filled with oil so that the water reservoirs of lead-acid railroad
batteries sold by Edison could be covered with a thin layer of oil to retard
evaporation.  If Edison could be so preoccupied with putting his name on
something so mundane as this single use glass jar, would it be a stretch to
think that the Edison Company may have produced a custom made wrench to say,
properly adjust his dynamo governor or some other piece of equipment he
sold?

Tim McCormick