Trudy the Angora Cat favors our BC for napping and watching the records spin. Mine was way more than $40, but did come with an excellent 78/Pathe adapter & bonus crate of nice discs - and it's always interesting to see what constituted a vintage record collection. Your find reminds me of my Brunswick - it was in the back room of a coin/stamp/45rpm store in the country outside of Buffalo. They wanted $50, which I managed to raise (being 12 yrs old, when $50 wasn't to sneeze at) but I couldn't move it home right away. So, I gave them the money & took every part I could carry - reproducer, crank, all the old packs of needles, instruction books, even the turntable. Then I locked the lid took the key. Took me a month to convince my father to drive out there & haul the thing back .

----- Original Message ----- From: "Tom Jordan" <tom...@msn.com>
To: "'Antique Phonograph List'" <phono-l@oldcrank.org>
Sent: Sunday, December 27, 2009 6:49 PM
Subject: Re: [Phono-L] The last word on Diamond Discs...I think

I found a BC 34 console phonograph many years ago stuffed in the back room
of an antique store with a bunch of old sewing machines.  They didn't know
what it was and sold it to me for $40.00.  It was first phonograph and it
got me started collecting. I still listen to it today as I work in my home
office.
Tom