I think that the detailed description is one of the keys to successful
selling on e-bay.  I have never had the knack of doing that.

There is a guy that used to live in California, then moved to Florida by the
name of Joe Urbonovitch who restored mostly radios.  He did a few phonos as
well.  He always did a full restoration on them. Never an original finish.

His specialty was Zenith Oceanic models.  They did very nice restorations,
made them look and sound like new.  However, his descriptions were
unbelievable.  He'd give the history of the piece, tell about how he and his
Son did the restoration step by step.  He also had a little signature thing
that he did where he always photographed the radios with his coffee cup next
to it.  In every single listing.  He always got top dollar out of everything
that he sold.

I think that a well thought out and executed description is one of the keys
to success on e-bay.  I own three of the radios he sold.  They all play well
and look great to this day!

I'll never get out of them what I paid (bad on me), but I was never
disappointed with his product.

People love to have a talented sales person woo them and reel them in, as
long as they are honest.
Tom