I will also chime in on this seller. I also know him personally, as we
both are Zonophone guys. He has purchased machines from me at a
discount, and within a month or two has had them on ebay. I have alsways
looked carefully at the pictures. At least with the machines that I have
sold to firebottles, no changes or alterations were made.

He has a great gift for his descriptions on ebay. It can not be
understated how much good, honest descriptions increase the final
selling point of an item. Also, as I wanted to take better pictures for
my auctions, I asked firebottles how he does it. It has taken him about
5 years to perfect this. He is not a professional photographer. By trial
and error, he uses a curved white back drop, which I believe is just
heavy paper. He uses 500 watt high intensity lighting, from multiple
directions so there is little shadow. Also, you have to be able to
manually "white balance" you camera, and use a tripod for steadiness,
and good focus. I am sure there are some cross over collectors out there
who are professional photographers that can comment on his photographs!

Lastly, many American machines sell extremely well outside the United
States. Prices are realized that we would never see in this country. Why
do you think that Guido buys all those common American made machines to
have shipped back across the pond? Because he has a market for them.

These comments are just my own personal experiences. Please feel free to
correct anything that I have said, if you have more or better knowledge
about the situation. I do not want to state things in error.

Thanks,
Jeff
Wisconsin