The statement ___"short in the motor somewhere"___ is shop speak that you don't want to pay what it will cost for us to figure out how to fix it. What Barry said is where to start. The wiring is a mess as well.

On 02/15/2013 08:15 AM, Vinyl Visions wrote:
I don't know if it's because I am using Google Chrome, but my posts get run together. If
you copy that previous link, leave "Curt" off of the end.
http://open1234.wix.com/camps-site/twilight-zone-2#!__fairy-phono-lamp

From: vinyl.visi...@live.com
To: phono-l@oldcrank.org
Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2013 08:53:02 -0500
Subject: Re: [Phono-L] Turntable Motor Question

Al,Thanks for the reply. As you noted, I have been advised that it was a short
in the motor somewhere. The problem seems to be that this motor is wound for
three different types of power - AC/DC and maybe 220. So, either the shops
don't know what the problem is or they just don't want to mess with it... I'm
tending toward the latter, since the guys I sent it to are very knowledgeable.
There is a picture of the motor on our website: www.carolinaphonosociety.com
A shortcut to the pic is:
http://open1234.wix.com/camps-site/twilight-zone-2#!__fairy-phono-lampCurt