Universal Motor means that it will run on AC and DC and various voltages.

On 02/15/2013 10:27 AM, Vinyl Visions wrote:
OK, if it is a universal motor... where would I find one? Are there any specs
on universal motors - rpms, amps, hp, etc.? This motor is puzzling since it
doesn't have an ID or any spec info.

Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2013 10:04:15 -0600
From: rich-m...@octoxol.com
To: phono-l@oldcrank.org
Subject: Re: [Phono-L] Turntable Motor Question

That looks suspiciously like a universal motor, runs on AC or DC and
various voltages from 63v to 240v with the aid of the resistor.

On 02/15/2013 08:15 AM, Vinyl Visions wrote:
I don't know if it's because I am using Google Chrome, but my posts get run together. If
you copy that previous link, leave "Curt" off of the end.
http://open1234.wix.com/camps-site/twilight-zone-2#!__fairy-phono-lamp