That's an interesting thought.  When we were discussing price I finally
offered him 3x what he paid for (he mentions the price he found it for in
his video).  He had originally asked for 4x.  Oddly he settled on $5 LESS
than my final offer.  I wonder if he wants his $5?  He had already
calculated shipping before he said his price (based on my Zip Code which I
gave him with my ENTIRE address) so I don't think he is balking due to
shipping, I hope.

He did say he also wanted video proof to track my use of the part in my
restoration.  I can understand a reluctance to sell a whole unit to a chop
shop, but this is a part - an old, quite heavy speaker.  I don't plan on
repurposing the cone as a birthday hat and the metal for a door stop.

It's the weirdest buy I've encountered.  If anything, if I ever end up
with the piece, it'll be the highlight of my restoration tour!