> I don't see what this gains you.
Well you asked if there was a way to refresh your target frame once a
submission was made from an origin frame. This method would do that.

Then again, why does the second frame not already display the results
of the submission?? As it get's called from the first (origin) frame.

Maybe you should re-state your problem and indicate use of DB's in
there too, as I may easily have got the wrong end of someone else's
stick.

Cheers.
Russ

On Tue, 14 Aug 2001 11:09:28 -0400 Hugh Bothwell
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> "Russ Michell" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
> news:SIMEON.10108141609.F@k1c. anglia.ac.uk...
> > I just needed a similar thing to occur in my app!
> > Just reload the page using the header function:
> >
> > Once submit has been hit in one frame, pass a hidden value from Frame1
> > to frame2:
> >
> > <input type=\"hidden\" name=\"refresh\">
> >
> > Then detect for it in the 2nd frame and refresh the page using the
> > header() function:
> >
> > if (isset($refresh)) {
> > header("Location: $PHP_SELF");
> > }
>
> That seems like an (umm...) *unusual* method...
>
> When the form is submitted, it calls the target
> page - which then calls itself again?
>
> I don't see what this gains you.

  "Believe nothing - consider everything"

  Russ Michell