Yes, you will get a timeout.
I made a script that wrote a * on the page for each sent mail.
This way your script won't time out, and the sending process looks REALLY
cool.. hehe

Here's a sample snippet:
<?
while ($adr = mysql_fetch_array($query_sender)) {
$to = $adr["epost"] ;
$postid = $adr["postid"] ;

echo "*"; // Her is the * printed.
flush(); // Flush, to continously update page..

// Sending the mail

$send = mail($to,$subject,"$topp\n\n$sak\n\n$bunn","From: Havneavisen
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>\nContent-Type: text/plain;
charset=iso-8859-1\nContent-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit\nReply-To: Havneavisen
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>\nReturn-Path:
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>\nX-Sender:
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>\nX-Mailer: PHP\nSender:
[EMAIL PROTECTED]\n") ;

if (!$send) {

   # Legg inn i databasen eller fil! <----
   $table = "deadmail" ;
   $dead_entry = "insert into deadmail (id, epost, base) VALUES
(\"$postid\",\"$to\",\"$base_1\")" ;
   mysql_query($dead_entry) or die ("Could not store the bad mail") ;
   echo "Problemer med å sende til $to<br>"  ;
   continue ;
 }

// Log
   $go_add = "INSERT INTO maillogg (epost, dato, type) VALUES (\"$to\",
NOW(), \"$base_1\")" ;
   $add_em = @mysql_query($go_add) ;
           if (!$add_em) {
           echo "ERROR could not update:  $to - $go_add<br> " ;
           }
} end of while...

?>