On Wed, 9 May 2001, Jani Taskinen wrote:

> The upgrade to libtool 1.4 was most likely a big mistake.
>
> Here's what happened on my system where everything worked
> just fine before the update:

    You most likely have a -L/usr/lib in LDFLAGS/LIBS then which
    has been added by a broken config.m4.  There are still some
    autoconf checks which don't use PHP_ADD_LIBPATH to add
    library search paths, and hence the suppression of adding
    /usr/lib to the search path is not applied everywhere.
    Please post your configure line, so that we can look into it.

    As a quick fix, we can apply s#-L/usr/lib## to some variables
    at the end of configure.  I'll implement that later (have to
    run now).

    - Sascha                                     Experience IRCG
      http://schumann.cx/                http://schumann.cx/ircg