> And that fix of yours is a hack. Could you please revert it?
> As I remember you yourself told me once that we don't want to fix
> symptoms but the causes.. :)

    There are no rules without exception.

    In this case, the macro can be helpful to determine when you
    are using broken extensions.

    Note that I'm still operating under the assumption that
    something is actually adding -L/usr/lib to LDFLAGS.  Your
    message "it is still broken" does not really help us to
    determine whether that is the actual cause.

> Let's start working on the libtool problems for 4.0.7.

    HEAD is always the development branch.  Instead of reverting
    working changes, I suggest branching off 4.0.6 and backing
    out the libtool-related changes in that branch only.

> I think the real fix is to find and fix those extensions
> that are the cause for these problems.

    That is what I said earlier.

> Attached is my configure script... :)

    Please add "set -x" to the top of your configure script and
    send me the output.  Thanks.

    - Sascha                                     Experience IRCG
      http://schumann.cx/                http://schumann.cx/ircg