On Thu, 10 May 2001, Jani Taskinen wrote:

> On Thu, 10 May 2001, Harald Radi wrote:
>
> >looking forward to getting php case sensitive i'm just wondering that
>
> Me too.
>
> >function names are exported mixed case in the com extension.
> >e.g. there's a COM_load() and a com_set(), is there a special reason for
> >this (zeev) ?
>
> This is just because some developers don't like to follow the guidelines.
> As, I quote, "it woulnd't be fun anymore" or "you can't force anyone".

Hrrmmm.. Which guidelines would those be?  And no, you can't force anyone,
if you see something you don't like however, your welcome to change it,
and if its generally a good change, then it will be included in the code.

I've gone ahead and changed them all to lower case...  If its a bad change
I'm expecting people to bitch.

> >another question: according to the CODING_STANDARDS file every function
> >should be lowercase, but how about exported classes ? is there a guidline
> >for this ?
>
> See above.

There is no standard in the CODING_STANDARDS file.

-Sterling