At 17:43 10/11/2001, Rasmus Lerdorf wrote:
>I think the assumption that the PHP_4_0_7 branch is "pretty stable" and
>"pretty much ready to go" is the key here.  How do you know?  I think it
>is up to the QA team to tell us if this is the case.  From what I can see,
>I don't think this is so.

 From looking at the QA list, the reports for 4.0.7 were pretty
good.  Nobody complained about anything out of the ordinary, except for
this zlib compression issue, which may be authentic, or may be a true
out-of-memory situation.  At any rate, considering the fact it's a new
feature, it's shouldn't be a show stopper anyway.

Based on a long 4.0.7 testing and a short 4.1.0 testing, I'd say 4.1.0
would be of the same quality as 4.0.6, with more bug fixes and some key new
features that people need to start building upon.  These features (namely,
the new secure $_GET, $_POST and friends) should not be delayed for an
unknown amount of time, which will take us to stabilize HEAD.

Zeev