>     i haven't really changed my mind - but i want a fast
>     decision. as there isn't any clear consens here i think we
>     should release 4.1 as-it-is-with-the-last-showstoppers-fixed
>     and go from there.  we should also learn from this and assign
>     a RM for the next release! i mean a real release-master...

Putting out a release we arnt happy with is worse than not putting a release
out at all.
Lets restart the cycle and take care this time.. 4.1.x is asking for trouble
coming from a branch as old as the 4_0_7 branch is..lets rebranch from HEAD
and really push the release we could probably get it out in 1.5 - 2 weeks.

- James