> > >   Some questions, Jan:
> > >
> > >     1.) Why /php4/ext/ and not /pear/PECL/?
> > >

> >     I think this belongs in PECL personally...
>
> I was asked to commit it under ext/phpdoc if a read the mails about 'the
> future of PHPDoc'  correctly.

    Didn't read them...  It doesn't make sense in ext/phpdoc however
    (imho), as:

    a) its  not something that is widely used
    b) it has a very specific, local use when it is used (ie, it doesn't
    help anyone *build* a site, just generate documentation for their
    code).
    c) it requires a pear package to be useful anyway...

> > >     2.) Does this version compile with current CVS? I haven't tried yet,
> > >         but I see an old module entry declaration.
> > >
> >     then it doesn't compile...
>
> Any pointer for me what has to be changed ?

    check out README.EXTENSIONS...

> > >     3.) What's the relation between PHPDoc and IPv6? :-)
> > >         (php_info_print_table_row(2, "PHPDoc Version", "IPv6" );)
> > >

> >     Its just to confuse newbies??? :)
>
> Yes :)
>
> > >   Anyhow: Thanks for your work and I'm happy seeing this finally on
> > >   cvs.php.net!
> > >
> >     Agreed, just where is up to debate :)
>
> Debate on that and move it around if you want.
>
> BTW: What is PECL ?

    Its for pear C extensions and the like....

    -Sterling