On Wed, Dec 12, 2001 at 01:08:36PM +0100, Sterling Hughes wrote:
> > I was asked to commit it under ext/phpdoc if a read the mails about 'the
> > future of PHPDoc'  correctly.
> >

>     Didn't read them...  It doesn't make sense in ext/phpdoc however
>     (imho), as:
>
>     a) its  not something that is widely used

ext/phpdoc + ext/xslt => printing colourfull PHP, highlighht_string (HTML),

>     b) it has a very specific, local use when it is used (ie, it doesn't
>     help anyone *build* a site, just generate documentation for their
>     code).

It depends on what is will be used for. The XML output is not directly
connected to phpdoc.

>     c) it requires a pear package to be useful anyway...

currently, yes.

In my opinion it should be moved to PECL as all extensions should live
there. Not just ext/phpdoc.

> > >     then it doesn't compile...
> >
> > Any pointer for me what has to be changed ?
>
>     check out README.EXTENSIONS...

Will read them.

> > BTW: What is PECL ?
> >
>     Its for pear C extensions and the like....

Fine.

>     -Sterling

  Jan

--