1. Because this is how things are done in PHP always..since PHP 3?
2. PHP != C/C++/Java/Perl/Python
3. Zeev says so
4. BC
.
.
.

It's totally useless to make any sense into the language as long
as functions are 'fixed' by adding new functions, new (optional)
arguments are added..etc. I do agree that BC is important.
But is it really wise in a long run?

So far only Zeev has found one script which would break. And
which also can be fixed very easily. This really doesn't prove
his point that fixing the behaviour to be correct would
'break thousands of scripts' and make people angry.

(It still is not clear why someone wants to _see_ the exit status
printed out when not explicitly said so..ie. when it's an integer?)

--Jani