Why not just check the type of the parameter? No conversion
    needed at all. If its a long -> exit/no show it. If anything
    else (well, thats to argue, but not the point) exit and show.
    It would be that easy. And, in that case, I don't care about
    the number of broken scripts. Prove there are more then you
    got fingers on your hand. And even those, you can fix under a
    second.