Issue for session save handler. I wrote PostgreSQL session
save handler and requested to place it under PECL. Although, it is
possible technically. Placing session save handler module to PECL
may not be a good after all, since

1) It highly depends on Session module.
2) It does not work as standalone module at all.
3) It will fail to load with undefined simbol when PHP is
    compiled with --disable-session.
3) It does not provide any function to users.
4) Where document should be?
5) How to handle include files required for session save
    handler module?

Other person may write MySQL/Oracle/etc session save handlers.
It may be good time to discuss about it.

I would like to hear from Sascha and Stig, as well as others.

Thank you for your comment.

PS: PostgreSQL session save handler is thread safe ;)
I'll add fail over, load balance support, etc later.

--
Yasuo Ohgaki