At 04:07 30/12/2001, August Zajonc wrote:
> [...]

That RFC is from over a year ago, what makes you think it's going to happen
soon..?  It still remains to be seen if they do it in a nice, clean
transparent way, or the Perl way :)  Anyway, the other problems plaguing
Perl still apply (having to worry about resources&memory).

>What gets people riled up about these benchmarks is they see them as a whole
>picture slam against their favorite language, even if the benchmark is
>pretty clear about testing something pretty narrow which I think these are,
>they are remarkably honest for a benchmark.

Well, I think that benchmarking PHP like that out of any context is *bound*
to result in many people getting the wrong ideas.  So, a big disclaimer
reading "This may not necessarily have any real world meaning" was due.

Zeev