August Zajonc continues with ...

> I continue to see these "stupid trivial" benchmarks as useful.

The benchmark code is pre-alpha and incomplete as the author
states expressly. 'Useful' does not imply reliable, factual, or
scientific. In my view, what I've seen and read is neither useful,
nor harbours any of the other qualities, mentioned above, that
reasonable people might consider important. IMHO, the benchmarks
are bogus from the get go, and this discussion is moot.

> Hopefully at the end of this dicussion
> that may be the case, or at least we'll all be up on how important various
> compile flags are.

Please ask support questions on the friendly helpful php-general
list.

Mike Robinson