At 04:59 PM 1/1/2002 +0100, Sebastian Bergmann wrote:
>   I don't mind PHP to be slower than Perl or Python that much. But what
>   I would not mind would be the Zend Engine 2 beeing slower than the
>   Zend Engine 1...

That's pretty weird. I ran the same script and they are pretty much the
same which makes sense because non of the code which is used in that script
was changed between ZE1 and ZE2.
In any case, pertaining things such as the OOP in ZE2 I wouldn't bench mark
it at this time because it is work in progress and hasn't been optimized (I
know that your test didn't involve it but I'm beating you to it :)

Andi