Hi,

>> right now i'm more interested in investigating what makes these
>> people ask here in the first place then just telling them to 'go away'

I stumbled over the following how-to yesterday. It's a bit long, but
quite worth reading:

I am quite sure it is not our "fault" that there are many bogus
reports over here. It is just people's attitude that free software
automatically implies free support. There's nothing you could change
about this.

Maybe a solution would be to split PHP-Dev into PHP-Bugs and keep
PHP-Dev for *real* topics such as case sensitivity/PHP5 and other
questions which are about PHP language design. This would keep the
"noise" out of here. Comments?

--  Daniel Lorch