At 03:13 PM 2/8/2002, Andi Gutmans wrote:
>At 03:04 PM 2/8/2002 +0200, Jani Taskinen wrote:
>
>>Do you filter these? :)
>>I didn't do that before, but now that I am doing it, it makes
>>following php-dev@ a LOT easier.
>
>I do :) But I still think that people subscribed to php-dev@ need to not
>only enjoy upsides but also the downsides of receiving the bug reports in
>hope that more people will look at them.

I think that the only time this actually has any meaning is with people
whose email software isn't bright enough to filter it.  Otherwise, I'm
pretty sure everyone filters it anyway.

php-dev is full of people who aren't actually developing, but are just
interested in watching the development trends.  Forcing them to see the
bugs isn't going to do anything in any level - either they'll ignore it, or
filter it out, because they can't do anything about it anyway.

We both know that just receiving the bug reports doesn't have any meaning
if you're not willing to actually spend time working on them.

I don't think it's that important (that's my last post on this thread :),
but it does look kind of odd that instead of just separating the lists, we
tell people 'filter them!'

Zeev