On Thu, Feb 07, 2002 at 12:42:29AM +0100, marc wrote:
> I just left it with the new sizeof, but there may be side-effects?

It's okay as long as you don't have IPv6, 95/98 doesn't.

> Don't worry, it's in the -dev cvs so I expect some things not to work.
> At least we caught it in time before release branch started.
>
> > At least I'm now aware of the problem when doing more IPv6
> > porting later.
>
> I hope you didn't do too much work already if a lot of changes are
> required...

Seems that just a couple of minor changes are needed, I'll write, test
and commit something tomorrow I hope. Nice if you can help test that
too then. I guess you used passive get now, could you check if it
works with normal (active) get?

As you mentioned, the php_connect_nonb() has a comment about probably
not working on Win32. What happens is that it just does a normal
connect() and not the timeout code since doesn't know whether it
works or not. If you feel like it, you might try to remove the
"&& !defined(PHP_WIN32)" part and check whether it compiles and if
the timeout works. Would be neat if we could have timeouts on Win32
as well. If we fix it, it will make timeouts work other places too.

Stig