- [EMAIL PROTECTED]% (Brian Foddy):
> So they download both and start building.  What do they get?
> Core dump.  Usually before people will start opening trouble
[cut]
> with these two latest releases.  "Experimental, not for production"
> just doesn't cut it.  Not when we KNOW there is a definate problem,
> not some potential bug you might encounter.

As Rasmus pointed out several times, this is generally not the
case. After reading your posts to the list, i decided to do the build
myself. Got a clean version of Apache 2.0.35 and a clean version of
PHP 4.2.0. Built like a dream (well, since i'm having a fever at the
moment, those dreams can be quite interesting). After making and
configuring 2.0.35, the moment of truth had came.

apachectl restart

And voilá, i was running apache 2.0.35 with PHP 4.2.0 installed. I'm
currently not running it compiled with any other options enabled, but
saying that its doomed to coredump, is to exaggerate. Since some get
it to run and some don't, there's obviously some sort of bugs still in
there (and there'll probably always be), but hey, its experimental. I
wasnt even hoping for this :-)

--
mats