On Wed, 29 May 2002, brad lafountain wrote:

> Hello all,
>
>  It was mentioned before about bundling libxml2 with php with expat or instead
> of expat. Where do we stand with this? I emailed the developer asking
> permission to bundle it if we choose to do it (no response yet).

öhm, libxml2 is a relatively huge project with a fast developement cycle..
I don't see the point in bundling that with php. It's actively maintained
(not as for example gd), we don't need any patches to get it running and
it comes with most (all?) distros (not installed by default everywhere,
but it's available). And installation from source is also no pain at
all...

chregu