It seems that the discussions recently go around this
    same hot potato (under many different topics):

    Missing vision and people standing behind it.

    There are lot of different visions how PHP should
    evolve or not. Two major disagreements seem to be
    the environment where PHP is used (Web vs. everywhere) and
    cleanlyness/consistency (magic_quotes..CS..register_globals..etc.).

    Maybe if there was a sort of formal vision/roadmap/whatever
    'carved in a stone' by the leading developers (the group?),
    we wouldn't have to get into these obviously endless debates
    what should be done and not..shortly: we need a dictator! :)

    For Andi's sake, I'm trying to keep this mail short. :)

    --Jani

    (Sebastian tried to ask for this same thing before?
    Did I miss the reply to that mail?)