Daniel Lorch wrote:

>hi,
>
>>>    Yes, it would look like this:
>>>
>>>    1. ./configure <appropiate stuff>
>>>    2. make
>>>    3. make clean
>>>    4. goto 1
>>>
>>>    - Sascha
>>>
>>So we do not have the possibility to build all three without
>>make clean in one go. I would very much appreciate that
>>since it would make developers life much easier...
>>

>Use the force, luke.
>
>  #!/bin/bash
>
>  for mode in apache cli cgi; do
>    ./configure --with-${mode}
>    make
>    make clean
>  done
>
>Maybe this script doesn't work, but you get the idea :)

I think the point isn't that it's not scriptable, but that it would be
nice if there was a 'canned' way of doing it.  I use the apache sapi and
the cli, and it would be nice to be able to build them with a single
make.  Clearly there are ways to build them both (easily), but it should
be easy for a basic user to have it build multiple targets.  This is
especially true with the cli, as there are abundant reasons to have it
and one of the web-centric sapi's cohabitating on a system.

George