I think every one here is able to do that kind of hack but it slows
down development since ./configure;make clean;make takes ages.

For the record cli has --enable-cli and --disable-cli where the first is
the default so your script has to check for that and if you want it
you build it twice. In other words a correct script would be very long....
And cli alone is not possible!