Just as a note about all this: if you have a deep 'standard' include
tree (same 30-40 files), there is a decent amount of overhead just from
parsing all the include files, even with inexpensive code.

> Your OS should do a reasonable job (or a really good job if it's Unix
> based)
> at caching the file contents and the ZE is pretty fast at spotting
> inline
> HTML in your php files, so I wouldn't worry so much about the
> performance
> of this aspect, unless you have some real CPU-intensive code in your
> frequently included files, or a large number of hits.
>
> If that is the case, consider using APC (if you don't want to pay
> money),
> or the Zend Accelerator (if you have some money, or if your site is a
> non-commerical community site - see zend.com for details).
>
> --Wez.
>

> --

// George Schlossnagle
// Principal Consultant
// OmniTI, Inc          http://www.omniti.com
// (c) 240.460.5234   (e) [EMAIL PROTECTED]
// 1024D/1100A5A0  1370 F70A 9365 96C9 2F5E 56C2 B2B9 262F 1100 A5A0