On Thu, 24 Oct 2002, Yasuo Ohgaki wrote:

> Melvyn Sopacua wrote:
> >
> > My thoughts exactly. Defaults should work for the masses - it's not like
> > it's enforced behavior, that is irreversible.
>
> ? Which mass ?
> Are you going to insist most scripts need inefficient auto flushing?

 __   __
 \ \ / /__  ___
  \ V / _ \/ __|
   | |  __/\__ \
   |_|\___||___/ , because it is inituitive for a COMMAND line
interface to flush after every outputted character. If you DONT want
this inituitive bahavior you _can_ override it _anytime_ you want.

> Have you ever used other programming languages?

Tons of them, starting with pascal about 10 years ago, and did certainly
flush after every character.

> I don't get it, but this is the 3rd vote.
> Too few still and reasoning is too weak.

As you're clearly not listening to other people's comments I'm going to
put that line back into php_cli.c as the only flawed reasoning is yours.

Derick