Melvyn Sopacua wrote:
At 08:42 24-10-2002, Yasuo Ohgaki wrote:

I think this kind of code will be taught at the first
class of programming course. (I could be wrong,
since I don't know where people learned programming ;)

Why do you assume people learned programming?
I think Rasmus has made the case for PHP to be a language that
solves problems, not be academically correct, many times on this
list.
Sure, some people just learn programming by themselves.

Are you trying to say "it justifies to have useless settings for
almost all scripts?" I hope not.

They should learn such simple thing even to be Sunday programmer.
Beside, the knowledge is useful for other popular languages, C/C++,
Java, Perl, Python, Ruby, etc.

--
Yasuo Ohgaki